On Air Now:Moose
|Enter your Community posting here.|
|To List an item, click here.|
Hosanna In The Hills
Company: Gilbert Church of God
4/13/2013 - 6/8/2013
Youth Crusade on June 7 & 8 from 3pm - 9pm at the Twin Hollow Campground
located just outside Gilbert city limits. Come out for games, various bands, drama teams, and various testimonies. Also, STOP coalition will be on site to distribute information related to drug prevention and drug rehabilitation. Speakers will include Rod Justice and Michael (Kool-Aid) Owens. Bring your own chair or blanket. Camp sites available through Twin Hollow Campground. For more information call Gilbert Church of God at 304-664-3663
BSC Basketball Camp
3/26/2013 - 6/20/2013
Dates for Bluefield State College men’s basketball coach Jamaal Jackson’s second annual BSC Basketball Camp have been announced. The camp will be conducted June 17-20 (9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily) in the Ned Shott Gymnasium on the BSC campus.
“The camp is designed for young players, age 8-17,” Coach Jackson noted.
Camp counselors and Coach Jackson work with campers to sharpen fundamental skills and enhance their understanding of the game. Camp fee is $75/participant ($60 if paid by May 30). Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the BSC men’s basketball office (304-327-4207) for additional information.
Lady Blues Hoops Camp
4/24/2013 - 6/24/2013
Bluefield State College women’s basketball coach J.J. Oliver’s first annual BSC Basketball Camp will be conducted June 24-27, 2013 (9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily) in the Ned Shott Gymnasium on the BSC campus.
“The camp is designed for young players, age 8-17,” Coach Oliver noted.
Camp counselors and Coach Oliver work with campers to sharpen fundamental skills and enhance their understanding of the game. Camp fee is $75/participant ($60 if paid by May 30).
Interested individuals are encouraged to visit the website: ladybluesbasketballcamp.com
or contact the BSC women’s basketball office (304-327-4190) for additional information.
Area Relay 4 Life Events
5/15/2013 - 7/15/2013
* Relay For Life Wyoming County on Saturday, June 8 at The Palisades Park in Pineville. The event begins at 5 p.m.
* Relay For Life Tazewell County on Saturday, June 8 at Southwest Virginia Comm. College in Cedar Bluff. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
* Relay For Life Mercer County will be held on Friday, June 14 at Princeton Senior High School. The event begins at 6 p.m.
* Relay For Life Bland County is Friday, June 21&22 at Bland County Fairgrounds. The event begins at 6 p.m. both days
* Relay For Life Giles County on Friday, June 21 at Giles High School in Pearisburg. The event begins at 6 p.m.
*Relay For Life Raleigh County
on Friday, July 12 at Crossroads Mall. The event begins at 6 p.m.
Friends of Coal Auto Fair
5/1/2013 - 7/21/2013
The Friends of Coal Auto Fair is one of West Virginia''s premier car shows and festivals. It returns this year July 19-21 at the YMCA Paul Cline Memorial Youth Sports Complex in Beckley.
The show features hundreds of rods, customs, classics, muscle cars, motorcycles, tuners, & trucks from all years; food vendors; a flea market and arts & crafts area; and carnival rides and games for adults and kids - all highlighted by a Saturday Night concert featuring Travis Tritt!
The event also helps shine a light on the coal industry and what it does to make our state a better place to work, live and play.
All proceeds from the Friends of Coal Auto Fair help support the YMCA of Southern West Virginia, the sports complex and the Y''s youth programs.
Area Blood Drives
The following is a list of American Red Cross Blood Drives in our coverage area:
- Mercer Mall on Friday, April 26 from 1-6p
- Wytheville Community Center on Friday, April 26 from 12-6p
- Montcalm High School on Tuesday, April 30 from 9a-3p
- Concord University on Tuesday, May 7 from 11a-5p
- ARH in Beckley on Tuesday, May 7 from Noon-5p
- Marquees Cinemas in Beckley on Wednesday, May 8 from 2-7p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, May 8 from Noon-6p
- Johnston Chapel Baptist in Princeton on Saturday, May 11 from 9a-1p
- Bluefield High School on Wednesday, May 15 from 8:30a-2:30p
- National Mine Health Safety Academy in Beaver on Thursday, May 16 from 10a-4p
- Raleigh General Hospital in Beckley on Tuesday, May 21 from Noon-5p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, May 22 from Noon-6p
- Bland County Vol Rescue Squad in Bland on Thursday, May 23 from Noon-6p
- Mercer Mall on Friday, May 24 from 1-6p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, May 29 from Noon-6p
- Ghent Fire Department on Friday, May 31 from 1-6p