On Air Now:Albie Dee
|Enter your Community posting here.|
|To List an item, click here.|
BSC Basketball Camp
3/26/2013 - 6/20/2013
Dates for Bluefield State College men’s basketball coach Jamaal Jackson’s second annual BSC Basketball Camp have been announced. The camp will be conducted June 17-20 (9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily) in the Ned Shott Gymnasium on the BSC campus.
“The camp is designed for young players, age 8-17,” Coach Jackson noted.
Camp counselors and Coach Jackson work with campers to sharpen fundamental skills and enhance their understanding of the game. Camp fee is $75/participant ($60 if paid by May 30). Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the BSC men’s basketball office (304-327-4207) for additional information.
Lady Blues Hoops Camp
4/24/2013 - 6/24/2013
Bluefield State College women’s basketball coach J.J. Oliver’s first annual BSC Basketball Camp will be conducted June 24-27, 2013 (9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily) in the Ned Shott Gymnasium on the BSC campus.
“The camp is designed for young players, age 8-17,” Coach Oliver noted.
Camp counselors and Coach Oliver work with campers to sharpen fundamental skills and enhance their understanding of the game. Camp fee is $75/participant ($60 if paid by May 30).
Interested individuals are encouraged to visit the website: ladybluesbasketballcamp.com
or contact the BSC women’s basketball office (304-327-4190) for additional information.
Block Party & Movie Night
6/19/2013 - 6/26/2013
A Block Party & Outdoor Family Movie Night hosted by Maple View Church of Christ takes place Wednesday, June 26 beginning dusk at the City Square in Bluefield Virginia. There will be free popcorn, drinks and ice pops for everyone. Just bring your own blanket or lawn chair.
Cabela''s Hometown Heros
6/17/2013 - 6/28/2013
Cabela’s stores nationwide will honor the contributions of those who serve our country and communities by offering employee pricing to all veterans, active duty military and reserves, law enforcement, firefighters, and EMS personnel beginning Wednesday, June 26 through Friday, June 28. The Hometown Heroes event recognizes the service and sacrifice of those who protect and serve every day.
“Cabela’s values the contributions of our nation’s military and service personnel,” said Cabela’s Chief Executive Officer Tommy Millner. “Making them honorary employees, and extending our employee discount to them as we prepare to celebrate Independence Day, is our way of saying thank you for keeping us safe.”
To participate in the Hometown Heroes event, veterans, active duty military, reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel should present their service ID at check out at their local Cabela’s store. Upon doing so, they will receive Cabela’s employee discount on virtually everything in the store. Some restrictions apply; see store for complete details.
For more information, please contact Charleston Cabela’s at 304.400.6000, on the web at www.cabela’s.com.
Area Relay 4 Life Events
5/15/2013 - 7/15/2013
* Relay For Life Wyoming County on Saturday, June 8 at The Palisades Park in Pineville. The event begins at 5 p.m.
* Relay For Life Tazewell County on Saturday, June 8 at Southwest Virginia Comm. College in Cedar Bluff. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
* Relay For Life Mercer County will be held on Friday, June 14 at Princeton Senior High School. The event begins at 6 p.m.
* Relay For Life Bland County is Friday, June 21&22 at Bland County Fairgrounds. The event begins at 6 p.m. both days
* Relay For Life Giles County on Friday, June 21 at Giles High School in Pearisburg. The event begins at 6 p.m.
*Relay For Life Raleigh County
on Friday, July 12 at Crossroads Mall. The event begins at 6 p.m.
Friends of Coal Auto Fair
5/1/2013 - 7/21/2013
The Friends of Coal Auto Fair is one of West Virginia''s premier car shows and festivals. It returns this year July 19-21 at the YMCA Paul Cline Memorial Youth Sports Complex in Beckley.
The show features hundreds of rods, customs, classics, muscle cars, motorcycles, tuners, & trucks from all years; food vendors; a flea market and arts & crafts area; and carnival rides and games for adults and kids - all highlighted by a Saturday Night concert featuring Travis Tritt!
The event also helps shine a light on the coal industry and what it does to make our state a better place to work, live and play.
All proceeds from the Friends of Coal Auto Fair help support the YMCA of Southern West Virginia, the sports complex and the Y''s youth programs.
Duck Dynasty Dinner
6/19/2013 - 7/31/2013
DUCK DYNASTY VISITS MORGANTOWN
JOIN US FOR A DYNASTY DINNER. THE AUXILIARY OF MON GENERAL HOSPITAL IS HOSTING A WILD GAME DINNER FEATURING JASE ROBERTSON AND MARTIN FROM A&E’S DUCK DYNASTY ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 AT 2 PM IN THE EVENT CENTER AT WATERFRONT PLACE. PREFERRED TICKETS FOR 250-DOLLARS AND GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS FOR 100-DOLLARS ARE STILL AVAILABLE. TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED AT 304-598-1324, THAT’S 304-598-1324. LIMIT 10 TICKETS PER CUSTOMER.
Athens-Concord Town Social
6/19/2013 - 8/11/2013
A summertime tradition continues with the 27th Annual Athens-Concord Town Social planned for Sunday, Aug. 11, 2013 on the front lawn of Concord University. Activities will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Theme for this year is “A Neighborly Scene in 2013.”
The gathering features live musical entertainment, children’s games, free admission, craft vendors and informational displays.
Individuals, along with a local business, who have enhanced community and campus life, will be honored during the festivities.
Vendors are invited to set up a booth, free-of-charge, to display and sell their handicrafts. To reserve a vendor space contact Sharon Griffee at 304-384-3243 or Pat Edge at 304-384-7709. Reservations should be made by Friday, Aug. 2, 2013.
Area Blood Drives
The following is a list of American Red Cross Blood Drives in our coverage area:
- Mercer Mall on Saturday, June 1 from 12-6p
- Princeton Health & Fitness Center, Monday, June 3 from 11a-4p
- Crossroads Mall on Tuesday, June 4 from 12-6p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, June 5 from 12-6p
- Bland Street United Methodist in Bluefield on Thursday, June 6 from 12-6p
- American Legion in Narrows on Thursday, June 6 from 12-6p
- Mercer Mall on Friday, June 7 from 12-5p
- Raleigh County Community Action on Willow Drive in Beckley on Friday, June 7 from 1-5p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, June 12 from 12-6p
- Peterstown United Methodist Church on Thursday, June 13 from 12-6p
- Tazewell Department of Social Services on Thursday, June 13 from 10a-3p
- Mercer Mall on Friday, June 14 from 12-5p
- Union Rescue Squad on Tuesday, June 18 from 10a-4p
- First Baptist Church in Oceana on Tuesday, June 18 from 1-6p
- REIC Inc in Beaver on Wednesday, June 19 from 10a-4p
- Princeton Presbyterian Church on Monday, June 24 from 12-5p
- Cook Memorial Baptist in Pineville on Tuesday, June 25 from 12-6p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, June 26 from 12-6p
- Beckley VA Medical Center on Thursday, June 27 from 8a-4p
- Mercer Mall on Friday, June 28 from 12-5p