On Air Now:Ace & TJ Show
|Enter your Community posting here.|
|To List an item, click here.|
Area Christmas Parades
12/2/2013 - 12/15/2013
- Mullens Area Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade for Friday has been cancelled
HOWEVER, they will still have Santa and free hotdogs at the Mullens Fire Dept. beginning at 6:30. They will also be honoring Mr. D'antoni for his 100th birthday.
- Bramwell Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 7 at 10am
- Bluefield VA Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 7 at Noon
- Beckley Christmas Parade on December 7 starting at 1pm, lineup will begin at 11am
- Montcalm Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 7 at 3pm
- Bluefield Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 14 at 1pm
CMC presents the Glenn Miller Orchestra
12/2/2013 - 12/20/2013
The Chuck Mathena Center presents the Glenn Miller Orchestra ‘In the Christmas Mood’. Get in the Christmas sprit with this world famous celebrations of swing, jazz and concert bands on December 20 at 8pm.
Get tickets at the CMC Box Office or visit ChuckMathenaCenter.org
Four Seasons YMCA Youth Bball
11/1/2013 - 12/22/2013
Four Seasons YMCA is currently taking registrations for a youth basketball league, with the sign-up period running from Nov. 1-Dec. 22. The cost is $25 per YMCA member and $30 for non-members. Financial assistance is available. Register at the YMCA or at www.fsymca.org. For more information, call (276) 979-0280 or email email@example.com.
Holiday of Lights Festival
11/1/2013 - 12/31/2013
The an annual tradition returns with the ‘Holiday of Lights’ Festival at Bluefield City Park. The Lights returns November 28 and run through New Year''s Eve. Enjoy this holiday tradition and explore over 40 acres of light displays. There is no charge, but donations are accepted
Time: (Sun-Thurs.) 6p.m.-9p.m. (Fri. & Sat.) 6p.m. - 10p.m.
For more information, call (304) 327-2448.
Wyoming County Farmer's Market
7/10/2013 - 7/10/2014
Integrated Resources and Mountain Heart Community Services are offering Farmer’s Market at two locations - Integrated Resources on Rt 54 Maben and Mountain Heart Community Services on Rt 971 at Clear Fork.
There will be no charge to set up, sales are limited to produce items only.
Hours are 9 til 3, Maben is open Tuesday and Thursday, Clear Fork is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
For more information or reserve a space call Penny Elkins at Maben ; 304-294-5610 or Marcella Hood at Clear Fork ; 304-682-8271.
Area Blood Drives in December
The following is a list of American Red Cross Blood Drives in our coverage area:
- Woodrow Wilson High School in Beckley on Wednesday, December 4 from 8a-2p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, December 4 from 12-6p
- Bluefield Youth Center on Thursday, December 5 from 12-6p
- Celco Federal Credit Union in Narrows on Thursday, December 5 from 12-6p
- Wytheville Community Center on Friday, December 6 from 12-6p
- Beckley Red Cross on Saturday, December 7 from 10a-2p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, December 11 from 12-6p
- Peterstown United Methodist Church on Thursday, December 12 4 from 12-6p
- Summers County Memorial Building in Hinton on Friday, December 13 from 12-6p
- Princeton Presbyterian Church on Monday, December 16 from 12-5p
- WVNS-TV in Ghent on Tuesday, December 17 from 10a-3p
- Cook Memorial Baptist Church in Pineville on Tuesday, December 17 from 12-6p
- Princeton Health & Fitness Center on Wednesday, December 18 from 11a-4p
- Wyoming East High School on Wednesday, December 18 from 8:15a-2p
- Beckley Red Cross on Wednesday, December 18 from 12-6p
- Mercer Mall on Friday, December 20 from 12-5p
- Beckley Red Cross on Saturday, December 21 from 9a-1p
- Beckley Red Cross on Tuesday, December 24 from 9a-1p
- Mercer Mall on Friday, December 27 from 12-5p
- Beckley Red Cross on Tuesday, December 31 from 9a-1p